3 Indivisible Actions This Week
This is an excerpt from the Indivisible email for this week:
1) Keep the Heat on Trump's Divisive Cabinet Nominees: Hearings for many of Donald's cabinet nominees may have occurred last week, but the fight is far from over. Ethical scandals, financial conflicts, and outstanding questions plague many nominees. There's still time to block nominees like the four highlighted below. Call and visit your Senators to tell them to oppose these nominees!
- Today, Monday, January 23rd: There’s one big vote up today:
- Rex Tillerson, long-time CEO of ExxonMobil, for Secretary of State. Unsurprisingly he expressed skepticism about the dangers of climate change during his confirmation hearing.
- Tomorrow, Tuesday January 24th: Two big votes up tomorrow:
2) Tell Your Representative, "Vote No on HR 7, Yes for Women's Healthcare".
Seriously, republicans are planning to respond to Saturday's historic Women's March in Washington with a vote on HR 7, a bill that would restrict women's reproductive rights. It’s not the first time Republicans have tried to pass this anti-woman bill.
3) Continue to Defend Obamacare: Tell Congress to #ProtectOurCare
With committees in Congress now working on ACA repeal legislation, Trump is now even closer to dismantling the health care law. Continue to tell your MoCs that you won’t stand by and let 30 million people lose their healthcare.
Here are ways to contact our Congressmen:
202-225-2161 – DC office
303-484-9596 – Boulder office
202-224-5941 – DC office
303-391-5777 – Denver office
202-224-5852 – DC office
303-455-7600 – Denver office