6/18 Weekly Call to Action
Build that Blue Wave! Voter Contact 101
It’s a fact: talking to voters, particularly face to face, is the single most important thing you can do in your electoral work. Here in Blue(er) Boulder, you can help out "sister districts" near us that have a battle in front of them this November. See below about the help you can give in State House and Senate districts and Congressional Districts which include close communities such as Broomfield, Superior, Northglenn, Westminster and Golden.
* And every week... Be sure to check out our Events Calendar often, as we add events daily to it.*
Call to Action - Do these things!
1. Be sure to turn in your Primary Ballot ASAP! Don't let time slip by. Get your ballot turned in as soon as you can. Ballots are due June 26th. Here is all the information for Boulder, CO Ballot Drop Off Locations.
2. Attend the Boulder City Council Meeting- Tuesday, June 19 at 6 p.m.
- Second reading on motion amending outdoor lighting regulations
- First reading on motion regarding redevelopment of property at 311 Mapleton, 2505 and 2525 4th Street
3. THANK City Council members for unanimous approval of a buildout of a municipal fiber backbone through the city, choosing a financing option that either included existing revenue or Certificate of Participations (COPs) - either way, no ballot or additional tax.
State Actions - there is something for everyone!
Here is Your Chance to join the "Colorado Blue Wave" to Keep our House Blue and Take Back the Colorado Senate:
A new upcoming event is a bike tour through Tammy's district -sign up here!
Currently serving in SD 16 (which is parts of Golden, JeffCo, Superior)- Tim Neville wants to arm teachers, punish sanctuary cities, prevent discounts on public transportation to low-income earners, and criminalize abortion.
Tammy Story has a record of supporting public education, she advocates for public lands, infrastructure sustainability, sensible gun laws, and equal pay for equal work. Here’s how to plug in to her campaign:
In Thornton and Westminster - Faith Winter stepped to the podium at the statehouse and never quit holding the powerful accountable. She’s running in senate district 24 in order to flip it.
Here’s how to plug in to her campaign:
📆 Weekly canvassing and other events can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/FaithWinterCO/events/?ref=page_internal
📲 Sign up to volunteer directly: http://www.faithwinter.com/get-involved/
3. #WinTheSixth : In the 6th Congressional District-- Help Elect Jason Crow and give Mike Coffman the boot 👈
Aurora, Highlands Ranch, Centennial - Mike Coffman has been aptly described as “building great relationships with the groups he votes against.” He is a good politician in that way - branded as a moderat even though he votes 93% with the trump agenda.
Here’s how to plug directly in to the work to oust him:
4. Great Schools, Thriving Communities -GSTC- will Raise Funds for All Colorado's Public School Districts. Help get it on the Ballot in November:
- GSTC (Initiative 93) is a statewide measure that would raise 1.6 billion to be distributed to ALL COLORADO SCHOOL DISTRICTS and 92% of Coloradans would see NO INCREASE in their income taxes. The top 8% of earners and C-Corps would see a graduated increase in their income taxes. Residential and non-Residential property taxes would actually decrease with the measure. If anyone is willing to get signatures on a petition in Senate Districts 17 or 18, email Sarah Myers at SarahM@greatschools.email.nb.com
- Keep calling Congress to end Trump’s family separation agenda. The stories from the border are growing more disturbing every day. We can’t let this continue one more day: call your members of Congress to act right now to stop this inhumane agenda.
- Read our analysis on the immigration votes likely to move in the House. Paul Ryan cut a deal this week to allow votes on two immigration bills, and avoid an open debate. But both bills hold Dreamers hostage in return for radical changes to our legal immigration system and billions of dollars in funding for the border wall. Read our analysis and stay tuned for more ways we can fight back.
- Make sure you’re registered to vote. And get everyone else you know to register, too -- just send them to our voter registration tool at indivisible.turbovote.org to get started.
- Read up on the Indivisible-endorsed candidates. Each one of our IndivisiCandidates has a story worth reading. Learn more about who they are and what they stand for, and get excited to help them make an impact in their races in the weeks ahead!
Upcoming Legislation - Watch these bills!
- Consider letting Congressman Polis know that you support this House effort to overturn the rollback of Net Neutrality by the administration:
H.J.Res.129 - Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission relating to "Restoring Internet Freedom". This joint resolution nullifies the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission entitled "Restoring Internet Freedom."