6/25 Weekly Call to Action
Under Trump, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has had free reign and a blank check to terrorize immigrants and their families. They’ve systematically targeted immigrant communities -- aiming to jail or deport as many as possible. Under activist pressure, Trump signed an executive order that he claims ends family separation at the U.S. border. And just what is Trump’s solution to the crisis he created? Family jails.
This is not a solution. This is state-sponsored child abuse. It means more cages for indefinite periods of times for immigrant families INCLUDING children. We must continue the fight for justice and resist any attempts of the Trump administration to bandage wrap this continuing humanitarian crisis.
WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS, BOULDER. SEE BELOW FOR HOW YOU CAN HELP.
* And every week... Be sure to check out our Events Calendar often, as we add events daily to it.*
Call to Action - Do these things!
1. Be sure to turn in your Primary Ballot ASAP! Don't let time slip by. Ballots are due TOMORROW, June 26th. Here is all the information for Boulder, CO Ballot Drop Off Locations.
2. The next Boulder City Council Meeting- Tuesday, July 17 at 6 p.m.
State Actions - there is something for everyone!
Here is Your Chance to join the "Colorado Blue Wave" to Keep our House Blue and Take Back the Colorado Senate:
--A new upcoming event is a bike tour through Tammy's district -sign up here!
Currently serving in SD 16 (which is parts of Golden, JeffCo, Superior)- Tim Neville wants to arm teachers, punish sanctuary cities, prevent discounts on public transportation to low-income earners, and criminalize abortion.
Tammy Story has a record of supporting public education, she advocates for public lands, infrastructure sustainability, sensible gun laws, and equal pay for equal work. Here’s how to plug in to her campaign:
In Thornton and Westminster - Faith Winter stepped to the podium at the statehouse and never quit holding the powerful accountable. She’s running in senate district 24 in order to flip it.
Here’s how to plug in to her campaign:
📆 Weekly canvassing and other events can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/FaithWinterCO/events/?ref=page_internal
📲 Sign up to volunteer directly: http://www.faithwinter.com/get-involved/
3. #WinTheSixth : In the 6th Congressional District-- Help Elect Jason Crow and give Mike Coffman the boot 👈
Aurora, Highlands Ranch, Centennial - Mike Coffman has been aptly described as “building great relationships with the groups he votes against.” He is a good politician in that way - branded as a moderat even though he votes 93% with the trump agenda.
Here’s how to plug directly in to the work to oust him:
4. Great Schools, Thriving Communities -GSTC- will Raise Funds for All Colorado's Public School Districts. Help get it on the Ballot in November:
Educate yourself about this important initiative at GreatSchoolsThrivingCommunities.org. Our deadline to get it on the ballot is July 10th!
- We’re hearing rumors that some Democrats may give in to Republican pressure to pass an immigration bill that will continue to hurt families. ---Catch up on Ryan’s anti-immigrant bill here. ---Keep up the phone calls using our resource. Light up their phone lines and make sure every member hears from us now.
- Congress will be back in their home district from June 29 through July 9, and Indivisibles will be there to meet them and demand action for immigrant families. Check out our recess action toolkit. And get ready to turn out. Check for your nearest recess event here, or register here to host your own. If you register your events on our map, we can help get the word out.
Upcoming Legislation - Watch these bills!
- Consider letting Congressman Polis know that you support this House effort to overturn the rollback of Net Neutrality by the administration:
H.J.Res.129 - Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission relating to "Restoring Internet Freedom". This joint resolution nullifies the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission entitled "Restoring Internet Freedom."